Ruby Part 2

Hi,

I gone and did it again I left it ages to write anything. In my defence I have been massively busy making things and going (and guesting) to cons.
I haven't had to much time to myself but I did in this time finish a few projects one of them being Ruby.

So here are the last steps in finishing the cosplay.



A few days after I finished the cloak from the last post I started work on the waistcoat and skirt.

They were made with very easy patterns from simplicity check it out HERE (Cape pattern is HERE I don't think I linked it before)

The skirt is crushed velvet and the waist coat was actually green dress lining. 

Then it sat like this for ages until I got off my bum and finished her.

I wasn't happy that the waistcoat wasn't patterned so I decided I would paint it.

Using metallic fabric paints I painted a few patterns and flowers on it so it was closer to the pattern in the show.


I then made the shirt using the same pattern as the waistcoat and skirt. I made this from Chiffon.


Last bits I needed to do were the hems shirt and skirt were straight forward normal hems but the waistcoat I used a silky green bias tape which I think worked really well.

Any way she is ready for this Sunday at Reading Comic Con.


Thanks for reading, your friendly neighbourhood Bendy Benz!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cosplay WIP

The House Of Night - Not really a review but what I think of it....

Overdone Cosplay