Bombshell Jessie Quick


So in my last post I spoke about my Jessie Quick. Well here is her story.




I saw this picture when looking at the other beautiful DC bombshells, I instantly fell in love.

As I mention in the Evie post I used the other side of the taped up mannequin to made the pattern for the top.

This is the prototype, to be honest I'm not 100% happy with this pattern, I think it needs so elastic in the bottom.
Because it was going to be the easier part I made the trousers, i just used a simple high waisted trouser pattern I shorted the legs top match the picture.

I learnt a new skill with this cosplay, Appliqué I had no idea what this was when I started. Basically I googled 'how to make patches' I was contemplating buying some patches rather then use appliqué but when I looked at some videos I thought it looked relatively easy so I gave it a go.

Applique is layering shapes of fabric on top of each other and sewing around the edges. 

I was really unhappy with my first attempt so I retried and you can see the difference.


Have a guess which is the second attempt in the comments?

After finishing the patches on the arms, I used the pattern to make the top.


I hemmed it with yellow bias tape then added the ties.


I drew lines down the leg with fabric pens.

The the apron was patterned free hand.


The last part of the costume was the bandana.

I hand drew on lightning bolts.

Next parts were the serving tray and boots.

Boots were easy I just spray painted then and added foam lightening bolts.


The serving tray was a plastic sundae cup painted inside with pink acrylic paint. The whip cream was white cotton fabric stuff with teddy bear stuffing. The cherry was fimo.


I thought was a nice touch would for my contact cards to be serving ticket.

I took her to MCM Birmingham and Food and Cosplay snapped this amazing shoot of me.



Can not wait to get her out again.

Thanks for reading.

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Bendy Benz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cosplay WIP

The House Of Night - Not really a review but what I think of it....

Penny Dreadful