Destination Star Trek

So last weekend Mike and I went to the fantastic Destination Star Trek.
It was held at the London Excel it was a 3 day event which held the cream of the crop of the Star Trek world being a Trekkie myself I had to go.

The day started with a failed Guiness world record attempt. In 2012 the first Destination Star Trek beat the world record of most people dress in Star Trek uniforms. I was not part of this unfortunately but I tried this time with an original series red dress which I love. We didn't beat it but I got a selfie a borg so it turned out great for me.

After this we entered the exhibition hall. This year I found the stalls a bit sparse there wasn't as many in 2012 yes it gave you more room to move but there wasn't has much selection. We walked around some of the stalls and decided to get our autograph tokens.

We chose Jeri Ryan (my girl crush), Karl Urban (my guy crush), Robert Picardo and Tim Russ. As Robert Picardo was close we went straight to him. He was polite and chatted to is for a while about this and that. Next we could see that the queue for Jeri Ryan was huge we thought we would go there next . She was lovely despite the queue she still chatted with us for as long as she could. Next we went to see Tim Russ who was a bit rude to be honest he just tried to get rid of us quickly. So lastly we went to see Karl Urban who is the nicest man, he told me I looked phenomenal in my dress so I obviously swooned Mike had a nice chat and he was pretty happy we watched Almost Human (got a hand shake for that).

We wondered around the stalls some more. I got my self a pop! Spock which I added to my collection. We got a few Star Wars T shirts (Controversial I know but what can I say I love them both) and the first 6 movies on bluray.

We had a little bit of money left over so we thought we would get one more autograph so we decided on Ethan Philips he was really nice played a cruel joke by saying his assistant was his daughter which I fell for.

There was a replica of the NTG set which was pretty cool.

Photos to follow sum up my day.... Some of them are terrible because we weren't allowed to take photos of the stars.

Thanks for reading,

Your friendly neighbourhood Bendy Benz!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The House Of Night - Not really a review but what I think of it....

Cosplay WIP

Overdone Cosplay